So finally after a year of preparation and 7 month hands on we can finally show a functional prototype. What we present is not a fully functional PortPlays app but instead an Alpha build that misses a lot of core functionality. We hope you try it so we can get test data and continue the development.
At this stage PortPlays and the Android app can do following:
- Search for and create addresses in Sweden, Denmark and United States,
- Chat with does addresses.
- User get chat notification from already visited addresses.
- If you are the first one going to an address then the legacy information is saved only for internal us.
- Personalize theme settings.
Remember until Portplays is official launched, this is an early Alpha build and it will get reset often, that means your legacy address status will get wiped! So if you want to test it, just play around, chat and do what you want so we can get data.
When PortPlays is fully operational here are hopefully some of it´s features:
- The game has started and last for few years.
- Every address you are the first one going to, you will own and be legacy owner for 5 years
- Every address you are the first one going to you will get 50% of all income that address generates
- An address can now be administrated and personalized for a small fee maybe 1kr (one Swedish krona) a month, 12 kr a year.
- Billboard or PortBoards as we call them can be used at every address to post flyers like “I can walk your dog” or “Party on Friday expect noice”
- Sell, trade and exchange addresses
- Joining address competitions.
- Competing with other addresses
- Participating in neighbor hood watch.
- The competition awareness layer or CAL for short is doing it´s magic by pushing address Admins to be better
- Pushing toward country and nation width sustainability awareness
- Access PortPlays from a web browser
- Access PortPlays from Iphone
- International voting systems where addresses are the voter
- and more..
As this project is not a small project and what we know today is that nothing like this has ever been attempted before. We can not say much about the future more then this hole project is an experiment. We hope people will use this tool to get there address organized. We hope gamers find this concept of gaming fun and help PortPlays into becoming a reality.
After all the addresses where we live are important and valuable and for that we should protect them by getting organized!
/ Erik Hellberg
Portplays Cwdo, Ltd (btw, Cwdo stands for, communicating with dead objects, we thought that was cool:))